Last year, I was inspired by a very special little boy and the legacy of his all-to-short life. I decided to use my art to raise money for Children's Cancer Research Fund (CCRF) and the Time to Fly event. I'm excited to announce that this is the second year I will be offering my "Paintings for Julian" project.
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm an animal lover to the core. With four pets living under our roof, it would be hard for Chris and I to deny that. I tend to surround myself with other animal lovers too so it brought a great deal of joy to me last year when I got to create a unique and cherished piece of art for some of my friends.
The project is the same this year: donate $50 or more to CCRF by sponsoring me in the Time to Fly 5k walk on June 21st to get a custom portrait of your pet. This deal is limited to 8" x 8" or 8" x 10" but if you are interested in a larger painting, please don't hesitate to ask me for more details about how that can be arranged.
Last year I was able to raise $160 and I created 4 pet portraits for 4 very generous people. Help me raise more this year and reach my goal of raising $200. Consider sharing this project with your friends and family to help me get the word out. I would be absolutely thrilled if I went beyond my goal!
- Donate $50 or more to the Time to Fly event via my donation page
- I'll get an email notifying me of the donation
- I will do a happy dance, sadly there will be no witnesses
- Within one week of your donation, I will contact you via the email that you provided when you made your donation to discuss the details of your pet portrait and get reference photos
Rules and Fine Print:
- This offer is limited to pets or animals in general only. People and landscapes aren't really my thing... it's for the best, really.
- Reference photos must be supplied by you and you must have legal rights to them. Please do not pull an image off of the internet and say you want that painted. That's not nice.
- Art will be done using the supplies I currently have. I'm not made of money and don't intend on buying a bunch of new supplies. Check out the list below for available options.
- All pieces will be completed in the year 2014. If you are thinking about making this a gift, I will do my best to work with a deadline. But please tell me in advance so I can plan properly.
- Paintings are limited to one 8" x 8" or 8" x 10" canvas per $50 donation because that's what I have on hand. I'm not going to do an epic three canvas triptych of Fluffy riding into battle for $50. (If you really want an epic triptych, feel free to email me details, I'd be happy to work with you to make it happen, it just won't be for $50...)
- I reserve the right to photograph and publish the finished painting, progress photos and/or your pets name on this website. I respect your privacy and will not publish your name or email information.
- If you are not located in the Twin Cities area, we will need to arrange shipping. All shipping fees to be paid for by recipient.
- I reserve the right to put a cap this offer at any time if I get overwhelmed with requests. Although I have my doubts people will be lining up for this. PROVE ME WRONG!
- This offer ends on June 20th. All funds must be raised before the Time to Fly event.
- These rules are subject to change if I think of something else important.
Mediums and Surfaces:
I have A LOT of art supplies. Over the years I've sampled waaaay more techniques than any sane person would bother with. That being said, you can pick and choose from any of the fun options below. I am notorious for mixing mediums and would love to explore your ideas.
- Acrylic paint
- Chalk pastel
- Stencils/spray paint
- Water soluble pencils
- Espresso watercolor
- Digital illustration