Project Coordinator Crux Collaborative/EatonGolden, May 2012 - Present
Primary point of contact between internal practitioners and client teams to facilitate successful projects.
User Experience Specialist EatonGolden, June 2010 - May 2012
Developed user experience strategy and information architecture for projects ranging from commercial transportation service to enterprise wide health care provider sites
User Experience Intern EatonGolden, January 2010 - June 2010
Provided support for multiple projects with tasks ranging from Information Architecture, Design, Usability Testing, Client Meetings and general office tasks. Client experience ranges from medical device companies to transportation services and healthcare.
Loss Prevention Specialist Macy’s Department Stores, January 2007 - January 2008
Monitored store activity using an integrated system of cameras and floor observation. Opporated undercover to prevent theft of assets by customers and dishonest employees. Interacted with various departments in order to assure store wide operations were going smoothly.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design, 2007-2010
Bachelor of Science: Visualization Program
Normandale Community College, 2005-2007
Focused on art and communications classes
Flagging and Communication / Corner worker Central Roadracing Association
(http://cra-mn.com/), July 2011-Present
Observe racers and maintain constant communication with control towers during practices and races during CRA race weekends in the summer.
During a rotating shift I am responsible for many roles including:
- Flagging, let riders know what the status of the track is and what they need to look for ahead.
- Upstream safety, watch riders as they approach the corner to check their bike for malfunction and that the rider is approaching the corner safely. Sometimes combined with flagging when there are not enough volunteers.
- Communications, notifying control of any change in track status and biker safety to keep all corners aware of what is going on.
- Downstream safety, watch riders as they leave the corner and follow through to the next stretch. In the event of a rider going off track, it is my responsibility in this role to safely respond and attend to the rider, removing the bike from the track and looking for debris or oil spills.
Working with a Corner Captain and generally at least one other person, we work together to make sure the races are as safe as possible for all of the riders. Communication skills and the ability to respond under high pressure situations are critical in this role.
Volunteer The Wildcat Sanctuary
(http://wildcatsanctuary.org), February 2010-November 2013
I volunteered as a Domestic Animal Care (DAC) volunteer, caring for the domestic hybrids, bengals, jungle cats and savannah cats. Cleaning, feeding, enrichment and assisting with any other tasks around the property, including cleaning, building enclosures and event planning.
During special events, I would also help clean, set up and answer questions about the Sanctuary's mission and my experience working with them.
For group volunteer weekends, I assisted in building enclosures throughout the Sanctuary. This involved moving supplies, hog-ringing fences and checking the grounds for any materials that fell while we were working so that the animals don't get hurt when they move in.
Resigned as a volunteer in 2013 due to allegations of financial mismanagement and poor treatment of employees by the Executive Director.
- Photoshop (CS4)
- Illustrator (CS4)
- InDesign (CS4)
- Dreamweaver (CS4)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Axure (Version 6.5)
- Wacom Tablet
- Acrylic painting
- Book arts (Papermaking, book binding, altered book, visual journaling)
- Clothing construction
- Fire Poi (8 years)
- Fire Fans (7 years)
- Hoop Dancing (3 years)
- Parkour (3 months)